As part of the EHM Year in Review, in the 3rd Hour, I get to play some of my favorite songs from the past year in music. Here they are, and some things I mentioned during the show. Thanks for listening to 'EHM all year, Happy Holidays and we can't wait to see you in 2019!
1. The Record Company/I'm Getting Better and I'm Feeling It Right Now
Loved seeing these guys at the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center back in the winter of 2018.
2. The Decemberists/Once In My LIfe
I mentioned that while this song can be viewed as a "Celebration of Sadness", they decided to take a different direction with the video. Read about it here, and watch the video:
3. Amy Shark/I Said Hi
Congratulations to Amy who put out her debut album "Love Monster" this year.
4. Rhett MIller/Total Disaster
Watch Rhett perform the song live back in the early fall before the album came out.
5. Moby/Like A Motherless Child
6. Lord Huron/Never Ever
7. Brandi Carlile/Sugartooth
During the show I mentioned the inspiration for the album "By the way, I Forgive You". Read the full article here
8. Field Report/Never Look Back
9. Phosphorescent/New Birth In New England
10. Mt. Joy/Silver Lining
11. Father John Misty/Date Night
12. Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johannson/Bad Dreams
When the song was first released there was some controversy about the song being a cover of the Brooklyn band Echo Friendly's "Worried". Read about it here, and watch the videos now:
13. Mumford and Sons/Delta